Thursday, May 7, 2009

I wish more people would wear feathers



I have a crush on Craig Ferguson. I have for a while, actually. I think he's funny, which makes him cute. And he's Scottish, which just makes him cuter. If I were a celebrity, I'd want to appear on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson.

Tonight, he opened with a brief rant that started with "More people should wear feathers." Women used to wear them in their hair. They used to do dances with feathered fans. etc etc. I agree, the feather needs to make a comeback. Remember Carrie's unconventional veil in the S&TC movie -- it emerged from this fantastic peacock feather hair clip? It was stunning. More hats with feathers. I'm all for it.

He also started talking about Bravo's replacement for Project Runway: The Fashion Show, which debuted tonight.

The Fashion Show is lame. Issac Mizrahi is no Tim Gunn. I want Tim Gunn to be my best friend. I want Issac Mizrahi to go back to Target and stay there. Gunn, as the head of the Parson's design program, is a real-life mentor to developing designers. Mizrahi was in Unzipped. I don't know what that qualifies him to do. There's very little I like about Mizrahi on The Fashion Show (though I do like what he does for Target and what he did with that Newspaper). His attempts at a developing a catch phrase on par with "make it work" or "in fashion, one day you're in, the next day you're out... you're out" are especially lame.

Kelly Roland is also pretty lame. She lacks the fashion credibility of knockout mamma Heidi Klum and her over all manner is too reserved. She's a limp noodle. A pretty noodle, but a limp one none the less.

But at least someone on that show was wearing a feather in his hat.

No comments: